Thursday, April 7, 2011

La Fortuna de San Carolos, Costa Rica

Here I am.  Staying in a hostel dormitory with 8-beds, called Gringo Petes.  Originally I was going to stay here for three days and keep on moving.  Luckily, I was intercepted by life and other travelers on the no-plan plan.  So here I am 4 days later and in no hurry to leave, which is funny because its not the type of town I expected to stay in.  Yes theres a beautiful volcano but not romantic otherwise.  There is no beach or free hiking areas or rainforest right outside my window.  Rather, its a town full of tourist adventure packages and the type of travelers who want to quick pack in a tour before they hit the road again. 

A couple days ago I was feeling a bit caught up in the energy of moving all over the country and even considering going to Panama or Nicaragua like everyone else.  After all, I am here for 2 months - what else would/should I do?  Enter Rory.  He has been here for 2 weeks.  My fun these days involves tons of conversation about linguistics (super fun!) and using words that have full meaning and those which accurately express my actual ideas.  I could share with you my tale of hiking up the Volcano Cerro Chato through the rain and dense trees but that isnt what keeps me here.  I found a space that allows me to meditate in the mornings, nap if I want, and be around people also trying to just be in this space.  Its wonderful. 

I am one week into my 2-month adventure.  I catch myself wondering why I dont stop, take a breath and acknowledge, HERE I am, in Minnesota the way I do here in Costa Rica.  This internal space is where the magic happens.  I found a Chakra massage therapist and had a session with her yesterday.  I feel clear in my head and heart.  Tonight I found a small outdoor cafe and asked about making the typical soup so I could buy ingredients.  The lady offered to teach me in the cafe kitchen so I will return tomorrow to do so. 

I dont feel like updating my blog much.  My daily goals consist of simple things like shower, maybe handwash  a t-shirt or attend to my blisters, hardboil some eggs, drink coffee with sugar in it, etc.  I love the space I am in and am sending this love to you - with high hopes that you are enjoying the space you are in. 

Love, hugs, and SMILES!

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying my space but it surely gets added to daily. I'm referring to my sewing room although without your projects it isn't as full now:)

    Sending love & snuggles,
    Mamasita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying my "happy place" at Alina's. I think the thing I love most is that I never have a plan - I just show up for 12 hours and enjoy every second of it.

    Chakra massage sounds delightful. My favorite massage memory was in Costa Rica. Nothing between me and the rainforest except a thin little sarong. Well, that and the gorgeous massage therapist, but I can no longer remember his name (but I can remember his pretty face!).

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a great opportunity to cook in Costa Rica! I love love love their food, I hope you're finding it good and not getting too sick of beans and rice.

    ReplyDelete